The following positions are open at Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church.
Church Office Administrator
Job Summary: The Office Administrator (OA) runs the church office, providing administrative support for the church staff and volunteers. The OA reports directly to the Pastor as head of staff, and on a dotted line basis to the Managing Director as chief of staff. The OA works directly with other staff and various volunteers such as members of Session and its various Ministry Teams, particularly Finance, Facilities, and Personnel.
Core Responsibilities: (others may be assigned as needed)
- Front Office Coverage: Greet people who call or visit the church.
- Administrative/Finance Duties: Post offering, pay bills, make bank deposits, enter financial data in QuickBooks software. Maintain member database, manage office mail, copying, maintain filing system. Send quarterly donor reports. Maintain financial records and run reports as needed, report payroll hours, handle any direct-pay taxes or other payroll expenses. Responsible for accounts payables, and maintaining vendor files and relationships. Support and work with church volunteers with administrative issues.
- Personnel: Conduct background checks on employees and volunteers as requested.
- Facility Liaison: Monitor and problem-solve issues with voicemail, phone, door system, computer and email systems. Train staff and volunteers as needed. Coordinate with outside groups for facility use, following CHP facilities use guidelines. Arrange building and maintenance or repair, in coordination with Managing Director and/or custodial staff.
- Communication: Attend weekly staff meetings. Update website routinely. Print and copy bulletins for all worship services, update corner kiosk poster, send out routine church communications. Maintain church calendar, keep records of visitors, update church directory.
- Minimum 1 year office and accounting experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks and basic HTML.
- Must be flexible, able to work well with people, be a self-starter with strong time management skills, ability to multi-task, able to set and achieve goals and have a cheerful disposition. Must be able to hold information in confidence, both with respect to donor giving records and with personal/sensitive information learned in the course of administrative support of staff/elders/deacons.
- A person of Christian faith, who is an active member of a church, whose life is a visible demonstration of the servanthood of Jesus Christ.
Position is part-time, 15 hours a week. No benefits. Position begins January, 2017; with training in December of 2016.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A/V Volunteer Opportunity at CHP We are seeking a volunteer with audio/visual skills (specifically, familiarity with PA systems and sound board operation, as well as proficiency with computers and video projection) to be our primary sound person for Sunday services and general guardian/caretaker of all things sound and video related. It would involve being at church on Sunday mornings by 7:00am for band rehearsal until the end of the service when running the sound board, and coordinating with other volunteers to run the board when you’re not.
If you’re interested in contributing in this way, please email our music director, Dwight Gilmore, for a more complete description of this role.
Other employment opportunities
For jobs at Seattle Pacific University, see this link: Jobs at SPU